Our Office Policies
New and existing patients will want to stay familiar with important offices policies that apply to all Premier Medical Associates managed locations for both adult and pediatric care.
Contact an office by phone to schedule appointments.
- Current adult and pediatric patients should arrive 15 minutes early.
- New patients should arrive 20 minutes prior in order to complete forms.
- Specialists often request arrival 30 minutes prior to appointments for the completion of forms and updating medical information.
Missed Appointments, Rescheduling & Cancellation
- Contact the office 24 hours in advance to reschedule or cancel.
- Late cancellation and missed appointment will result in a late fee.
Phone Calls During Office Hours
During scheduled hours, patient calls are initially handled by our front office and clinical staff (nurses and medical assistants). They will ensure proper follow-up with your doctor.
At any time we are not accepting calls during normal patient hours, our answering service accepts our calls and provides those messages directly to us.
Payments for Service
Deductibles & Copayments – Patients are responsible for deductibles and copays at the time of exam or service. We accept cash, checks, debit cards and all major credit cards.
Uncovered Services – We encourage you to contact your insurance carrier to best understand what services and treatments are covered and those for which you may share some or all of the financial responsibility.
You will receive an invoice for the patient responsibility portion of your services as directed by your health plan carrier.
Contact our billing office at 412-457-0184 if you have concerns or need to discuss payment options if you are unable to pay in full.
Your electronic health record (EHR) is available online through the FollowMyHealth® platform.
- You have access to your record at any time once you register a username and password.
- Copies of your health record are available as needed. You can request a printed or electronic copy on CD. A nominal fee may apply.
- Requests and authorization forms are available under Patient Forms.
- Premier will send requested copies of your health record to other physicians at no charge.
- Please allow processing time for health record requests.
All Premier patients complete the following forms:
- Patient registration – personal details, including insurance coverage
- Patient medical history – your current health status and family medical history
- Patient rights & responsibilities – details your rights to your health information and patient financial responsibility
- Patient privacy practices
- Medical Release
- Permission – designate others to access to your health information
Premier Medical Associates understands the importance and sensitivity of your health information. We have a rigorous training and examination program for all employees on the federal and state laws that govern your health information.
Premier staff uses your health information (and allow others to have it) only as permitted by federal and state laws. These laws give you certain rights regarding your health information.
Service Concerns and Complaints
Your patient experience is equally as important as the medical care you receive from Premier. If you have compliments, questions or concerns, we want to hear from you.