Premier Electronic Health Records
Your complete “medical file” is housed electronically in Premier’s highly secure electronic health record platform – MyChart. This is a valuable, convenient and free service to our patients. It allows patients to better access and manage their information and more conveniently communicate with Premier doctors and clinical staff.
The healthcare providers at Premier are now conducting telehealth video visits for patients. Sign up for the patient portal and contact the office to schedule your telehealth video visit today. To learn more please review the (opens in a new tab).
Requesting Your Electronic Health Record
- You have 24/7 access to your record once you register a username and password.
- Copies of your health record are available as needed. You can request a printed or electronic copy on CD. A nominal fee may apply.
- Requests and authorization forms are available under .
- Copies of your health record are sent to other physicians at no charge.
Allow a week processing time for health record requests.
MyChart – Electronic Platform
Choose the below topics for all the necessary information to get started.
Creating an Account
To register for an account, please speak to our front desk staff at any Premier Medical Associates location or (opens in a new tab)
Steps to sign up for FollowMyHealth®
- Present your photo ID at any Premier office. Our EHR staff will be notified that you’ve signed up once your identity is verified.
- You will receive an email invitation within five business days. Look for ‘email@example.com’ to activate your Premier FollowMyHealth® Check your SPAM filters if you don’t see it in your inbox.
- Your email invitation will include a link to the Premier Medical Associates FMH login page. Select the green "FMH Secure Login" icon and create a username and password for your account.
- You can also login using an existing Windows Live ID, Google, Facebook or Yahoo account.
- Step by step registration:
- Begin with welcome screen.
- Enter your invitation code - the last four digits of your social security number or your year of birth.
After completing the registration process, your health information will begin to populate the Premier FollowMyHealth® record.
Technical Requirements to properly view and use FollowMyHealth®
- Compatible Browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, recent versions of Firefox, Chrome and Safari
- Operating Systems: Windows or MAC
- Must have a Windows Live ID, Google, Facebook or Yahoo account
- View your health information electronically via a web browser. For privacy, we recommend you access your health record from secure computers, other devices, and secure wireless networks.
- Login to your account with a Yahoo, Google, or Facebook account in addition to Windows Live ID.
Secure Online Environment
- Your health information is posted to a highly secure data repository.
- FollowMyHealth® is a completely separate website from www.premiermedicalassociates.com (Premier’s corporate website). Any issues with Premier’s corporate website has no impact on your secure health record.
Managing Your Information
- Review and update your health history and personal health record online.
- Download, fax, or email health information – vaccinations, school exam forms, etc.
- View personal health information from other participating organizations.
- Review personal medical record (visit summaries, conditions, and medications)
- View laboratory and test results.
Communicate With Our Offices
- Request appointments.
- Request prescription refills.
- Receive messages from your doctor’s office.
- Receive reminders for preventative and follow-up care.
- Add SMS text messaging to your communication preferences.
Manage Health Care Dependents
Proxy access allows access to the health information of another family member or close relation.
- Minor child
- Dependent adult
- Legal guardian
- Premier Medical Associates’ FollowMyHealth® requires no downloads or installation and is accessible using your Internet browser, making registration a simple “click and go” process.
- Watch the video tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
- A patient user guide and searchable knowledge base are easily accessible to answer frequently asked questions
- The printing, faxing, and emailing of secure messages, scanned documents, appointment information and more can be performed within the document viewer.
- Physician profiles can be shared to outside contacts from directly within the system.
What is FollowMyHealth?
FollowMyHealth offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health.
With FollowMyHealth, you can use the Internet to:
- Request medical appointments.
- View your health summary from the FollowMyHealth electronic health record.
- View test results.
- Request prescription renewals.
- Access trusted health information resources.
Is There a Fee to Use FollowMyHealth?
No, this is a free service offered to our patients.
How do I sign up?
Patients who wish to participate will be issued an activation code during their office visit. This code will enable you to log in and create your own user ID and password. If you were not issued an activation code, you may call your primary care office to get one or ask to sign up during your next office visit.
Who do I contact if I have further questions?
Medical Record Questions
Why are certain test results not shared in my electronic health record?
Your provider is able to determine which types of test results are available for access through FollowMyHealth. There may be select tests or procedures that your provider deems to be of a sensitive nature and will not release the information into the electronic record.
If some of my health information is not correct, what should I do?
Your FollowMyHealth information comes directly from your electronic medical record at your doctor's office. Ask your doctor to correct any inaccurate information at your next office visit. Your health information is reviewed and updated in your electronic medical record each visit.
FollowMyHealth For My Family
Can I view a family member's health record in FollowMyHealth?
Yes, you can. This is called Proxy access and allows a parent (or guardian) to log into their personal FollowMyHealth account, and then connect to information regarding their family member.
Can my spouse and I share one FollowMyHealth account?
No, due to the sensitive nature of medical information, each adult must sign and submit a Release of Information request and establish their own FollowMyHealth account.
After I Have Enrolled
I forgot my password. What should I do?
Can you send me a new activation code as I have lost it, let it expire, or did not receive it?
Where can I update my personal information (e.g., home address, e-mail or change my password)?
Log into FollowMyHealth and from the left menu, go to the Preferences section and select the appropriate option.
How secure is FollowMyHealth?
We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal ID's, and passwords. Each person controls his or her password, and the account cannot be accessed without that password. Further, FollowMyHealth uses the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with FollowMyHealth. Unlike conventional e-mail, all FollowMyHealth messaging is done while you are securely logged on to our website.
I was logged out of FollowMyHealth, what happened?
We aim to protect your privacy and the security of your information. While logged into FollowMyHealth, if your keyboard remains idle for 15 minutes or more, you will be automatically logged out of FollowMyHealth. We recommend that you log out of your FollowMyHealth session if you need to leave your computer for even a short period of time.
What do I need to use FollowMyHealth?
You need access to a computer connected to the Internet and an up-to-date browser (such as Internet Explorer).
My activation code does not work, what should I do?
Is my activation code my user ID?
No, your activation code is not your FollowMyHealth ID or password. You will use this code only once to log into FollowMyHealth for the first time. (The code will expire after you have used it or after 60 days). When you log into FollowMyHealth the first time, you will then be asked to create your own unique FollowMyHealth ID and password.
Proxy allows users the full functionality of Premier’s FollowMyHealth® record platform to manage the health details of a dependent individual.
In compliance with HIPAA laws and legal privacy, proxy access is available in three categories – minor proxy (newborn through 12 years), dependent adult proxy (18 years and up), and self-assigned patient proxy.
Once access is established, proxy users will be able to utilize the features of the Premier’s FollowMyHealth® record platform.
- Request appointment
- Renew prescriptions
- View lab results
- Review medical record
To access a proxy record from an account, navigate to the user's name at the top of the screen and mouse over the drop down area. Then select the proxy patient's name to view to their account.
How to sign up:
Visit any Premier Medical Associates office for the form. Complete the Minor Proxy Access Request Form and return it to the receptionist.
Through the patient portal, parents and legal guardians of patients 12 years old and younger can view the online medical records of their children, as well as perform tasks such as making appointments, checking immunization records, and obtaining test results.
Visit any Premier Medical Associates office and speak to the receptionist to choose either dependent adult registration or self-assigned registration for adult proxies.
Through the patient portal, legal guardians and caregivers with power of attorney can view the online medical records of adult individuals in their care, and perform tasks such as making appointments, communicating with physicians and medical staff, and refilling prescriptions.
If you have technical questions that need to be addressed by Premier staff, contact technical support at 412-436-2500. All health-related questions or concerns must be directed to your doctor’s office.