Heart Specialist Doctor - Monroeville, PA
Every part of your body needs to be in excellent shape for balanced, total wellness. But out of every part of your physical being, your heart’s health is among the most important to maintain.
If you are in need of heart care, you have access to a wide array of cardiology services at Premier Medical Associates. In our One Monroeville Center suite, we have the equipment on-site to perform echocardiograms, nuclear stress tests, carotid dopplers, vascular ultrasound, venous ablation, and other standard diagnostic studies. If you have concerns about your heart health or are in need of ongoing cardiac support, schedule an appointment with our cardiologists today.
Premier Medical Associates, an affiliate of the Allegheny Health Network, is the largest multi-specialty physician practice in the Greater Pittsburgh area. Patients in need of cardiac-related care have access to a wide array of cardiology services. Our cardiologists perform procedures and provide inpatient care to patients at.
FAQs on Cardiology Services:
What Are The Most Common Heart Problems?
There are multiple types of diseases and conditions of the heart. The following are a few conditions we see most frequently at Premier Medical Associates:
- Coronary artery disease (CAD), which occurs when the arteries become clogged by the buildup of cholesterol and other fatty deposits.
- Arrhythmia, or an abnormal heartbeat rhythm.
- Congenital heart disease, a heart condition that some people are born with and which worsens over time.
- Heart muscle disease, in which the heart becomes enlarged and can longer properly pump blood to the body.
- Heart valve disease, in which the valves in your heart don’t work properly and interfere with proper blood flow.
In the worst case scenario, many of these diseases can result in a heart attack or heart failure if allowed to progress.
How Is Heart Disease Diagnosed?
The heart tests we perform at Premier Medical Associates are designed to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and to help us decide how to move forward with your treatment. Here are some of the most common diagnostics we run:
- Echocardiograms: Ultrasound images of the heart used to see your heart’s movement, as well as an outline of the valves and chambers.
- Nuclear stress tests: Pictures of the heart created using an imaging machine and radioactive dye, which allows our team to see how well your heart is pumping blood and if any blocked arteries are present.
- Carotid Doppler: A test that uses ultrasound images to view the carotid artery in the neck, mostly for diagnosing blockages.
- Vascular ultrasound: An ultrasound used to examine circulation in any part of your body.
- Venous ablation: A non-invasive procedure to close varicose veins, reducing pain and discomfort.
If you’d like to learn more about the studies we offer, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us - we’re happy to discuss your options with you.
What Should I Expect From A Visit With Your Team?
After you receive a cardiac diagnostic test, your heart doctor will communicate fully with you and discuss your options for treatment moving forward.